Monday, October 22, 2007

An Update

Thanks to everyone who voted for Jeremy Piven for Best Supporting Actor at the SAGs. It was very surprising. But more importantly, thanks for the Best Ensemble win for "The Dead President". I was shocked at how well received the bait was. I thought it was the weaker of my two but I guess the subject matter of "The Road We Traveled" turned a lot of people off. Oh well.

On another note, I will give a brief statement about my baits for November. The first will be a Zach Braff comedy called "The Resurrection of Groucho Marx", which stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a man who loses his family and decides to become the greatest Groucho Mrax impersonator there ever was. Eugene Levy and Kate Hudson co-star.

The second is tentatively going to be a Terry George-directed film named "The Kings of Baghdad". It tells the story of a reporter (Reese Witherspoon) who's making a documentary about two brothers (Michael Biehn, Mickey Rourke) who monopolize Baghdad's tire market. Ryan Gosling also stars.

2 comments:

DutchmanNick said...

"Baghdad" sounds great, I´m really looking forward to it. Hate to see Ryan Gosling again, though.

Unknown said...

Kings sounds very interesting and could be a great bait. I'm actually glad Ryan Gosling is slowly making a comeback