Monday, August 20, 2007

Tony's Back


...well, at least in the Bait an Oscar contest. It must be because "The Sopranos", one of the best TV shows of all-time, just ended, but it seems that the authors (myself included) can't part from the actors who've been on the tubes for nine wonderful years.
Tony himself, James Gandolfini, was baited by the other Tony in "The Winter Sun" and managed to garner a Supporting Actor nomination at the Golden Globes. And Michael Imperoli was also nommed for his role in "The Man Who Invented Rock Hudson". He, of course, played the fated role of Tony's right hand man Christopher Moltisanti. And then if those two weren't enough to fill the void left by "The Sopranos" end, Edie Falco pops up again at the Golden Globes for her Supporting performance in my bait, "Everyday".
Thanks to everyone who voted for Falco and my three other nominations for "Bat Out Of Hell". The Best Picture (Musical/Comedy) nomination marks my 4th in that category and Jared Leto's is my 5th for Best Actor (Musical/Comedy). Unfortunately, I don't think I'll win either. Andrew Simpson or Billy Crudup will probably take Best Actor and "No More Smiles" should just take the statue now.

No comments: