Saturday, August 4, 2007

Zgamer's "Fallout"


Zgamer's newest bait, "Fallout", which is based upon the 1997 video game of the same name, could be one of the best video game adaptations this contest has seen and is one Zgamer's best. It tells the story of a post-apocalyptic world where the Cold War actually transpired into worldwide destruction and the only people that survived were those who escaped into bomb shelters or "vaults". The vaults remain in communication 30 years later until someone who wants to rule the world starts taking out the vaults one by one, forcing a group of survivors to fight against the oncoming oppressor.
"Fallout" is directed by acclaimed director Ridley Scott ("Gladiator") and written by Joss Whedon ("Buffy The Vampire Slayer"). Scott is, in my opinion, the only flaw in the bait. I could not see him directing this even though he did "Blade Runner". It seems he's moved past sci-fi. I think somebody from "Lost" or Danny Boyle should have done it. Although, Boyle would get criticized because of comparisons to "28 Days Later".
Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars as Ike in the only role that is likely to get attention. Even though Ron Perlman and John Hurt have roles that could garner some attention, I feel that the bait's strengths lie in it's technical aspects and story.
Zgamer did a very good job writing this one, combining narrative power with fear and paranoia, which should be enough to secure at least a Best Author nomination. Again, I want to state that this is the best video game adaptation Zgamer has ever done and is probably the best the contest has ever seen.
Grade: B+
Awards Contender:
Best Picture
Best Director-Ridley Scott
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Actor-Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Best Plot/Synopsis
Best Awards Campaign
Most Likely to Become a Box-Office Success
Most Likely to Become a Cult Film
Best Author

2 comments:

zgamer said...

I just want to say that I changed the director choice before I submitted it to the Festival. Jack Bender, who directed may acclaimed episodes of Lost and The Sopranos, will direct it now.

Bryce said...

Another video game month, as we will be having three video game adaptations. I've had the pleasure of reading a draft of all three of them, and so far looks good. I think my most anticipated of the three is Indigo Prophecy, but I think all three will do really good.