Monday, June 18, 2007

"The Dark Knight" FYC 2008



I know it's a little early to be talking about this, but I want "The Dark Knight" to win Best Picture 2008! "Batman Begins" was such a good movie and deserved more awards attention than it got. The new Batsuit (left) looks awesome, as do the new Batpod and Batmobile. I don't really know what the plot of the movie is yet but I don't really care because that image of the Joker's face that was floating around a couple weeks ago was truly terrifying. Heath Ledger promises to bring a new, even more sinister side of the classic villain and the replacement of Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal was a very good marketing ploy. Aaron Eckhardt should excell in pre-Two Face form and I'm excited to see the return of Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman. I'm also interested to see where Anthony Michael Hall's character is going to be taken. I think they may be setting him up to be The Riddler for the third movie, which would be so cool considering Jim Carrey's version completely changed the character. There are also rumors that Philip Seymour Hoffman will also be in the third movie as the Penquin. Well, I guess this changed from an FYC article to an "I-can't-wait-for-this" piece, but oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a link for the Ledger picture? I think I found it but it could be one of the ones that were done on photoshop.

Is this it?

http://www.evilology.net/uploaded/joker2ge1nx.jpg

Bryce said...

I'm with you PAT. Can't wait to see the movie.