Monday, July 2, 2007

Festival Winners Are Up!

Here are the winners and my thoughts:

Golden Igloo-"The Valley Of Ashes"
Not too surprising. I thought it was a 3-way race between this, "A New Agenda", and my bait "Border Man" but I thought Daniel's would win. "Batman" may be a good bait but I don't think it will gain enough support.

Forum Favorite-"Batman: Scars of Tomorrow"
Again, not surprising, but forum favorites never tend to gain the top spot.

Best Director-Roman Polanski-"The Valley Of Ashes"
I'm not gonna lie on any of these notes, I thought Inarritu would win with Polanski being a very close second. I guess I'm just biased.

Best Actor-Barry Pepper-"The Valley Of Ashes"
The love for this bait is all around, but is it shortl-lived? More on that later...

Best Actress-Megan Mullaly-"Good Morning, Ladies"
Good choice. Best of the four and I'm surprised Danner got nommed.

Best Supporting Actor-Al Pacino-"A New Agenda"
Could he sweep the rest of the awards? I doubt it, but we'll see.

Best Supporting Actress-Kristin Chenoweth-"Good Morning, Ladies"
I was right!!! Let's keep the awards juggernaut going for her. She deserves it.

Best Screenplay-"A New Agenda"
Not surprising and will probably win the Oscar.

Best Ensemble-"A New Agenda"
I haven't seen the ensemble of this bait yet so I can't really comment other than saying I was grateful "Border Man" was nominated with a relatively B-list cast.

Best Picture-Drama-"Border Man"
I won!!! Kinda surprising considering it didn't take Best Picture. Has this ever happened before?

Best Picture-Musical/Comedy-"A New Agenda"
With "Rehab!" out of the mix it was destined to win this.

Congratulations to Johnny for winning your first award! You so deserve it.

2 comments:

Michael said...

yes it has happened before (referring to the Best Picture Drama thing) it happened last month with Gray Daze taking the Igloo and The Informer taking Best Picture Drama

Alex said...

I don't think it's ever happened in the same awards show. Why would the voters do that, I wonder?