Monday, July 23, 2007

Reactions to SAGs and GGs

First off let me say thanks to everyone who voted for Maribel Verdu to win Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes. Now, are my reactions:

Golden Globes
Best Picture (Drama)
The Valley of Ashes- while I completely disagree with the strength in this bait, it doesn't surprise. I think that "Into Thin Air" is probably going to be the one left out of the BP lineup, having been replaced by "A New Agenda". Although, don't be surprised if "The Banality Of Evil" is absent.

Best Actor (Drama)
Barry Pepper-The Valley of Ashes- Again, nothing surprising. And again, I feel it is undeserved. But he will be nominated along with the rest of the guys, minus Crudup and maybe Cage. I just don't think Cage has enough buzz to get nominated.

Best Actress (Drama)
Susan Sarandon-Dear, Mr. President- Okay choice. I personally thought Binoche should've won but oh well. I only think Sarandon, Binoche and Williams have shots at nominations. All the kids will get shutout but don't be surprised if only one of these women in this category get a nom.

Best Picture (Musical/Comedy)
A New Agenda- Not surprising and very deserving. It is a great bait and is "The Valley of Ashes" strongest competitor. "Rehab!" is the only other possible nomination and I hope it gets it.

Best Actor (Musical/Comedy)
George Clooney-Eleven Weeks to Steal November- This was a shock. I thought Carl Reiner had this in the bag, but he will still get nominated with his bait. Unfortunately I doubt Clooney has a chance.

Best Actress (Musical/Comedy)
Michelle Pfieffer-Divine Poker- Another surprise but I doubt she'll get nominated. Expect Lindsay and the "Good Morning" gals to get in, with one of them winning.

Best Supporting Actor
Al Pacino-A New Agenda- Well deserved and a lock for a nom. Oldman is in the wrong category. Bridges and Hernandez are probably in and expect Del Toro to replace Fiennes for the "Batman" nod.

Best Supporting Actress
Maribel Verdu-Border Man- Yet another surprise, although I still think Chenoweth will win the Oscar. I think all five nominees are in this category. The question is who is going to get kicked.

Best Director
Roman Polanski-The Valley of Ashes- Okay, I get it. People like the bait. All 5 nominees are probably in this one too.

Best Screenplay
A New Agenda- Deserved. The rest will probably all get in too.

SAGs
Best Ensemble
A New Agenda- Surprised "The Valley of Ashes" didn't win this one. Haha. Nothing that shocking.

Best Actor
Barry Pepper-The Valley of Ashes- I already said all I needed to say.

Best Actress
Susan Sarandon-Dear, Mr. President- This too.

Best Supporting Actor
Gary Oldman-The Banality of Evil- I'm glad he won but should be lead. This is the category where there will be a surprise.

Best Supporting Actress
Kristin Chenoweth-Good Morning, Ladies- Way to go!

3 comments:

Bryce said...

gratz on your win pat

zgamer said...

Gratz on your win Pat. Verdu has a lock for that nomination and I'm sure Berenger will get in. Good luck at the awards.

Harry said...

Pat, Maribel VerdĂș must win best supporting actress. It is a great character with the perfect casting choice and a press section description that I really liked.

I agree with everything you said also, especially with your comments for "The Valley of Ashes".