Friday, July 6, 2007

"Tavistock Place" One of the Top 20 Baits Since January


I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for "Tavistock Place" in the recent Halfway Awards. I was extremely surprised and grateful to see my bait on the list. If I was going to any place on the list, I thought it would be either "Scarttenow Junction" or "The Moon and the Rain", both of which got BP noms while "Tavistock" was only an honorable mention. When the nominations came out in January I was very disappointed because I wanted this bait to do well but it only managed to garner a few nominations and a win for best crew, despite having a strong showing at the festival. I guess people just forgot about it. I remember in December when I was promoting it I said it was my best written bait ever and I'm glad it finally got some recognition. Thank you all very much and good luck!
P.S. Later tonight or tomorrow I will be putting up my own personal awards for the first half of the year

2 comments:

D.W. said...

I voted for it. On a list full of baits that aren't really baity, it's nice to see one that is...on the list. Look forward to your picks. Hey, I'm doing a few more reviews so send one over my way if you'd like. Shkrmkr8r@aol.com

zgamer said...

I voted for it too. It was a very powerful and meaningful bait for me. I was surprised how snubbed it was in January. So be proud Pat, it deserved to be in the list over your other baits.

Can't wait to see your picks too.