Monday, July 16, 2007

Which one should I use?













I know it's a little early to be talking about this but I'm having a hard time deciding which bait to choose as my second (if they're allowed) for the August contest, which also happens to be the 1 year anniversary of my Best of the Month win, yay!

My first is called "Everyday" and it is an Alan Ball film about the aftermath of a grisly car wreck that kills some teenagers. It is based on the story of 5 cheerleaders who died in an accident near Rochester, NY.

But the second is where I encounter problems. The first choice is called "Bat Out Of Hell" and it is a musical (my first in over a year) using Meat Loaf's albums as a basis. The story is that a demon, played by Jared Leto, is sent to Earth to find a woman to impregnate with the spawn of Satan. But he encounters a siren (Jennifer Hudson) from Heaven who wants him to give the baby to God, giving hope to humanity. He falls in love with a woman (Brittany Murphy) and a whole bunch of other stuff starts to happen.

The other choice is similarly themed in that it deals with the end of the world through the Christian faith. "The Second Coming" is a Matt Damon mystery/thriller about a theologist who tries to prove that world isn't coming to an end after a Irish priest claims God says Armageddon is upon us and a man is found in Georgia who is believed to be the reincarnation of Jesus.

Post you opinions of which one I should use, please!

2 comments:

D.W. said...

The alan ball bait sounds awesome. For your second bait, the Meatloaf project could be a crowd pleaser if done right. A lot of musical fans out there. It seems like a safe bet to go with though.

I think the Matt Damon bait could stand on it's own as a september release because it's got a lot going for it. Even if it's the more interesting of the two projects.

Alan Ball and Meatloaf is my suggestion. Releasing two thriller/dramas against eachother could hurt eachother in the long run.

Bryce said...

My vote is for The Second Coming. Just sounds more interesting to me.