Monday, July 2, 2007

Reactions

This weekend I went on a camping trip and then saw "Live Free or Die Hard" (Yippie-ki-yay motherfucker!) so I really didn't have time to react to the June Oscar winners, but really what was there to react too? I am very grateful for the two wins I received for "Captain Fantastic" but I really wished Eddie Izzard was nominated instead of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I'm not complaining, I just feel my casting of Izzard as George Michael was much much better than my Hoffman choice. I got 11/23 on my predictions and I should've had more faith with the other voters to pick the correct choice in most of the categories, which they did.

Congradulations to Sergio and his bait "Lucky Clover"!!! I've predicting that thing since the beginning and I was beginning to think it was just wishful thinking.

I' m not going to add any predictions for the festival because the winners will be up soon and I really have no idea how to gauge this specific contest. Thanks to the panel for making "Border Man" one of the most nominated baits with 7 nods! I'm glad to see that Berenger got some attention, but especially surprised to see nods for Burton and Weaver from "Other World". The latter, I assume, was given a nomination because many feel she is overdue for some awards attention because she really doesn't have a big part in the bait. A nomination for Kate Burton is quite surprising considering I thought that most people (except for those who watch Grey's Anatomy) have no clue who she is. But thank you anyway. Good luck to all the other nominees and I'm gonna say this know but I feel this month will see the first repeat Best Picture winner. We've been dancing around each other for months, waiting for the right time, and if nobody else's bait breaks out, I think one of the four nominees and Rehab! (which was shockingly shutout) could win.

And just a side note from me, I'm really hoping to get the only Big 8 award I haven't won yet this month, which is Best Director, so I'm especially pushing for Inarritu or Shyamalan to win. Just keep that in mind, please.

5 comments:

zgamer said...

Yeah, I was surprised Rehab! was shut out too, but I guess it really isn't an Oscar film (which is not a problem cause I'm pretty much just trying to make a point with it). Congrats for both your official wins and your nods for Border Man. Can't wait to see the results.

zgamer said...

P.S. I agree that this may be the first month for a double win. We haven't had one yet and pretty much every big author has won at least once. Unless some newcomer or someone who hasn't won yet surprises us, I am betting a repeat for someone else.

Sergio Requejo said...

Pat, thank you for your support from the beginning to "Lucky Clover".

Anonymous said...

I definitely think this will be the first month of a double winner. Almost each winner has announced something extremely promising.

Good luck at the festival.

D.W. said...

Hey Pat, I've got two Best Director awards, I'll trade you one for a Best Actress (which I always seem to come up short in!). Haha. Good luck. I think there's only really a few of us who have only a couple of awards yet to win.